Need some convincing about why cloth pads are the best? We’ve got you covered.
Often, people tend to focus on the less pleasant parts of our menstrual cycles. But a period can also be a reminder to slow down and honor our bodies, and help us tune in to the natural cycles within us. One of the best ways we can take care of ourselves is by choosing safer self-care products that make us feel good, inside and out!
Party in My Pants is committed to making products that are both good for you AND the planet! Here are nine of the many compelling reasons to switch to cloth.
1. Cloth menstrual pads are healthier for your body. Conventional disposables tend to contain artificial fragrances, chemical gels, residues, and adhesives. They are typically made with a combination of plastics, cotton, synthetic fibers, and wood pulp that contain pesticides, herbicides, and other harmful chemicals like dioxin. Yuck!
That’s not to mention the often sticky or scratchy texture that can dry out and irritate sensitive skin. Party in My Pants cloth menstrual pads are made from buttery-soft cotton that is more absorbent than disposables, and won’t irritate delicate skin or cause chafing.
2. They are good for the planet. If the health reasons don’t convince you, perhaps the environmental impact alone will. Party in My Pants cotton menstrual pads can be washed over and over, and can last WAY over five years with proper care— by switching to reusable cloth pads, you’ll save over 11,000 disposable from the landfill! That’s a huge impact for just one person, so imagine how huge it will be as more and more people switch to reusables! Why throw money away month after month on disposable garbage that is only destined for landfills? Start building a reusable stash that is part of the low-waste future here.
3. They are super comfy. Do you know that sweaty, itchy feeling of sitting in a disposable pad? The synthetic plastic webbing will be a distant memory when you try a cotton menstrual pad. Party in My Pants pads are made with a super-soft, thin cotton fabric, held in place with small nickel-free metal snaps, and a leak-resistant nylon backing.
4. They are wallet-friendly. From your first period until menopause, you can expect to spend thousands of dollars (some as much as $20,000) on disposable menstrual products.
At first glance, reusable pads might seem more expensive- but they pay off in a big way over time! That’s why we created this savings calculator that figures out your lifetime savings down to the penny. Now, compare that amount to the cost of a cloth collection, and it suddenly looks a lot more doable! We also have plenty of fun options on our sale page to fit your budget.
5. Cloth menstrual pads are discreet. How many times have you been in a public bathroom trying to change your pad or tampon and simultaneously silence the *deafening* rustling of wrappers or adhesive? The cottony tops of Party in My Pants reusable pads have no plastic or synthetics, so they’re free of any crinkly noise! In addition, Party in My Pants cloth pads are so thin and sleek that they won’t create any telltale bulge in your clothing.
6. You are prepared for every cycle. It is comforting to know that your reusable period pads are waiting in your drawer or bathroom- ready whenever you need them! You don’t need to drive to a store, face crowds of people, or wait in line. They are easy to transport in a purse, backpack, or gym bag. You’ll never reach for a box only to find it empty again! Our pads last over 5 years, so you’ll be able to enjoy many cycles with that peace of mind.
7. They are easier to clean than you think! Party in My Pants cotton reusable pads can be washed all at once at the end of your cycle, or occasionally during your cycle—whatever is the most convenient for you. When you finish using a pad, simply toss it in your laundry hamper until wash day! A regular wash cycle and a low or medium dry cycle is all you need.
You’d be surprised how colorfast and stain-resistant most of our pads are, but if you are concerned about staining, we offer many fabrics in darker colors to help hide stains. We also recommend the Tangie Stain Remover Bar as an easy, zero-waste option for lifting stains.
8. They are cute AND empowering. When was the last time a disposable gave you over 65 colorful options to express your personality? Conventional menstrual products are designed to be thrown away. Think about it. We’ve told generations of menstruators to use waste products for their periods, and it has influenced how we feel about our cycles and our bodies. Cloth period pads with vibrant patterns and colors are a way of celebrating your body and menstrual cycle while protecting the planet.
9. You are supporting an independent, woman-run business. Party in My Pants founder, Luci Daum, started sewing when she was three years old and couldn’t even read a pattern! She became an entrepreneur at a young age, and started designing reusable period pads for herself, to avoid the discomfort, irritation, and rashes associated with disposable products. As she fine-tuned her design, she began to give her cloth pads to friends and family as gifts. Everybody loved them so much, that they all worked together to convince Luci to make her designs available on a global scale!
Today, each high-quality cotton pad is still made with the same love and dedication as when Luci would give them away to her friends and family. You can try one of our cloth panty liners for free, with our First Liner Free program!